Building Family Partnerships in Education
The Family Participation Fund
Over the life of CalSTAT, the project modeled and encouraged through all of its activities, family participation and partnership with educational agencies to improve education for all children.
CalSTAT’s funding SPDG Grant, specifically allocates dollars each year to provide oversight and administration of a program that directly funds parents. CalSTAT, through a subcontract with WestEd, financially supports families to participate in local, regional, or statewide decision making committees and groups. So far within the new SPDG that began in 2008, the Family Participation Fund has issued 3,399 stipends to families. Since the program originally began it has helped families participate in more than 12,000 decision-making meetings.
For further information please call Laura Ramero at WestEd (916) 492-4018, or e-mail her at email@example.com. Program information is also available on the WestEd Web site at http://www.calfedc.org/family-participation-fund.html
- Family Participation Fund (FPF) Summary Report, October 2011 (2.4mb) | HTML
- Family Participation Fund (FPF) Summary Report, September 2010 (2.1mb) | HTML
- Family Participation Fund (FPF) Summary Report, October 2009 (2.98mb) | HTML
- Family Participation Fund (FPF) Summary Report, August 2008 Update (828kb) | HTML
- Family Outreach and Partnerships Report (1.28mb) | HTML
Best Practices for Family Involvement in Comprehensive System of Personnel Development Report (2006)
A guide for practicing strategies for parental involvement in the educational system
Family Outreach and Partnerships
(1.28mb) | HTML
A brief summary of two CalSTAT family outreach and partnership activities.
Last updated: 03/15/2012