A focus of the State Personnel Development Grant (SPDG), a federally funded grant, is to communicate common messages to the field about selected topics. These common, or core messages, articulate critical research findings and essential components of effective application. All core messages have been identified by experts in the field and have been approved by the California Department of Education, Special Education Division.
CalSTAT, through SPDG funds, will support trainings and technical assistance requests that reflect any or all of the core message areas. Select one of the core message areas below to view a complete listing of the messages and supporting research.
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Transition: School to Adult Life
- School-Family-Community Partnerships
- Least Restrictive Environment
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Core Components to Response to Instruction and Intervention (RtI2)
- Closing the Achievement Gap for Students with Individualized Education Programs (IEP)
Last updated: 12/01/2011