A focus of past (1999 - 2013) federally funded State Personnel Development Grants (SPDG), awarded to the California Department of Education was to communicate common messages to the field about selected topics. These common, or core messages, articulate critical research findings and essential components of effective application. All core messages have been identified by experts in the field and have been approved by the California Department of Education, Special Education Division.
CalSTAT, continues to utilize these core messages, by supporting trainings and technical assistance requests that reflect any or all of the core message areas. Select one of the core message areas below to view a complete listing of the messages and supporting research.
- Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports
- Transition: School to Adult Life
- School-Family-Community Partnerships
- Least Restrictive Environment
- Individuals with Disabilities Education Act
- Core Components to Response to Instruction and Intervention (RtI2)
- Closing the Achievement Gap for Students with Individualized Education Programs (IEP)
Last updated: 04/27/2015
California Services for Technical Assistance and Training (CalSTAT)
is a California Department of Education, Special Education Division project supported through the Napa County Office of Education
1450 Technology Lane, Suite 200 Petaluma, CA 94954
Fax: 707-762-1438 | e-mail: email@example.com